Papers // Customs documentation
- Check the customs forms you have received. If anything is unclear, please contact us. We will be happy to help.
- Familiarise yourself with the relevant import regulations.
- We will also need a legible copy of the photo page of your passport and a copy of your visa, if available.
- Send us your proof of value for shipping insurance at least five days before the start of your move so that we can obtain appropriate cover from the insurer.
GENERAL PREPARATIONS ON MOVING DAY
- Gather all items that you personally want to take with you in one place: e.g. in your car, in the bathtub or in a cupboard that is not to be taken away.
- Remove all items that are of high value and cannot be insured from the removal goods. Private Logistics Munich cannot accept liability for the loss of unregistered jewellery, cash, credit cards, bonds/shares, coins or similar.
- If you have several shipments (sea freight, airfreight or a warehouse shipment), we will send you corresponding labels so that you can mark their destination in advance for our crew.
FOOD & DRINK
- If your move requires customs clearance at its destination, our packing teams are instructed not to pack any food, spices or drinks. Should you wish to do so, please contact us and we will be happy to check what is possible.
- Prepare electronic items for shipping.
- We recommend that you back up your data media.
- Remove toner from printers, photocopiers, etc.
- If sending by air or sea, remove all batteries from your equipment.
- De-ice refrigerators and freezers.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to secure the item for shipping.
- If original packaging is still available, have it available on moving day.
- Clean all items such as barbecues, garden tools, plant pots, lawn mowers, bicycles, trailers and sports equipment. All items must be free of visible dirt.
- Bins must be thoroughly cleaned and dried.
- Prepare your motor vehicle for shipping. The reserve light must be on when the vehicle is handed over. Vehicles must be clean and dry when loaded. We need a copy of the German title and all the original papers for the vehicle at least 14 days before your move.
Security regulations have also been tightened for airfreight shipments.
Every airfreight consignment is subject to a security scan at the airport of departure.
If security personnel detect any suspicious objects, your consignment will be stopped. A staff member will then need to check and remove the items together with an inspector.
To avoid unnecessary charges and delays, items that may pose a risk must not be packed in your shipment.
Lithium metal and lithium ion batteries must not be sent by airfreight under any circumstances. All lithium batteries must be removed from all equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, cameras, mobile phones and laptops. Batteries must not be included in your airfreight shipment.
Furthermore, no liquids, pressurised containers e.g. deodorant spray / shaving foam as well as flammable liquids, nail varnish or nail remover. These should be carried in the suitcase of the person moving.
Please observe country-specific import conditions.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.